- Boil Water Notice or Other Alert
- Cold Weather
- Suspicious Activities
- Hurricane or Severe Storm?
- Are You Experiencing Discolored Water?
- Are You Experiencing Low Pressure?
- Are You Experiencing High Pressure
- Are You Experiencing Unusual Taste or Odor?
- How Do We Contact You in an Emergency?
Boil Water Notice or Other Alert
Sometimes we must issue a Boil Water Advisory. This may occur if there is a large water main break in your neighborhood or if we have a mechanical problem such as an extended power outage at one of our facilities. In the event that we need to issue a Boil Water Advisory, or some other advisory, we will contact those customers by phone and/or by a door hanger placed on your door. (See HOW DO WE CONTACT YOU IN AN EMERGENCY to change the contact number we have for you). If we need to contact a large number of customers we may also call you by phone and leave a message explaining the situation and giving you directions for more information. We may also use the media, such as local TV, radio, and newpapers to get information to you. Also, this web site will usually contain up to the minute information in an emergency.
Boiling kills bacteria and organisms in the water:
- Bring water to a boil
- Continue boiling for 3-5 minutes
- Let water cool before using
To avoid possible illness: Use boiled or purchased bottled water for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, and food preparation.