Finance / Accounting
Position Reports To
To support the Managers, the Controller, and the CFO in carrying out the duties of the Finance/Accounting Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconcile corporate bank accounts in a timely manner and prepare associated journal entries.
- Prepare regulatory and ad hoc reports and analyses when required.
- Prepare rate case schedules and other supporting documentation.
- Assist in testing and summarization of internal controls processes.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors.
- Update and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Prepare financial analysis, as needed, under the direction of management.
- Maintain fixed asset database.
- Assist in streamlining and automating department tasks.
- Cross train as backup for other staff in case of emergency or during periods of high volume.
- Provide budgeting and forecasting support including the compilation and analysis of budgets and long-range plans.
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, and 2-4 years’ experience in a relevant field of work.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with the capacity for “big picture” thinking
- Must be able to work independently as well as being a team player
- Proficiency in Excel
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Maintain confidentiality of all information
- Self-motivated to seek additional work and opportunities
- Demonstrate positive and professional behavior with all individuals contacted on behalf of the Company including employees
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or governmental statutes and regulations. Ability to write reports, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, and employees.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Efficiently and accurately use ten-key calculator, adding machine, personal computer, copier, telephone and other standard office equipment. Incumbent must be competent in the use of Word and Excel software products.
The employee must regularly be able to work under stress and work additional hours to meet reporting deadlines.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Typically works in an office setting.
This is a Collective Bargaining Unit position