Brillhart Pumping Station
Position Reports To
Responsible to maintain and insure all the Company’s electronic equipment is operating efficiently and effectively under the general direction of the Senior Electronics Technician.
Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties
may be assigned.
1. Perform established maintenance and repair procedures of all telemetering instruments, radio and general electrical and electronic equipment and systems operated by the Company.
2. Be available for after-hours emergency calls as assigned.
3. Troubleshoot and repair minor AC and DC electrical problems.
4. Assist as required in FCC checks and requirements for radio equipment – both fixed and mobile.
5. Assist in the evaluation of proposed new electronic or electrical equipment to determine if it is compatible operation wise and maintenance wise with existing equipment.
6. Assemble equipment, panels and other electrical/electronic apparatus as assigned.
7. Work with contractors as assigned in designing and installing new equipment and systems.
8. Consistently demonstrate positive and professional behavior to all individuals contacted on behalf of the Company, including customers and employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and a minimum of one year experience or co-operative education assignment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, contractors and employees.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, trigonometry, and calculus. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram forms.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS;
Possess a valid PA driver’s license.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Efficiently and accurately use calculator, adding machine, copier, personal computer, facsimile machine, telephone, other standard office equipment; Company radio communication system; all electronic test and repair equipment required for the job.
See attached Essential Function and Physical Demands Analysis. The employee must be able to work under stress and work additional hours in order to meet deadlines or to meet the requirements of the position during emergency situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
This is a Collective Bargaining Unit position